David A. Martin
A near lifetime resident of Lombard, Illinois, David A. Martin has been in and around DuPage County for much of his life. He enjoys working with local residents and small business owners to achieve constructive solutions to their legal problems. Mr. Martin concentrates in contested probate estates, estate planning, guardianships, family law, and real estate transactions.
His most extensive experience is in handling contested estates. Within that area, Mr. Martin has brought actions against former executors and administrators to recover embezzled estate assets; pursued persons with power of attorney who financially exploited their disabled wards; negotiated settlements on numerous multi-million dollar estates; and presided over will contests. He has also personally handled the administration of countless other, less contentious estates.
Mr. Martin joined attorney Brian Banahan in 2010, after collaborating on numerous cases together throughout the several preceding years. Together they handled the case load for the DuPage County Public Administrator, as well as many private clientele. Mr. Martin previously served as an associate at another Wheaton firm, as well as clerking at a public interest advocacy firm in Chicago.
David A. Martin is a member of Sacred Heart Parish in Lombard, Illinois, as well the Knights of Columbus. He has been a proud attorney coach for the Glenbard East Mock Trial Team for the past several years. He is also a member of the DuPage County Bar Association.
- Illinois, 2008
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Lansing, MI, 2008
- Quincy University, Quincy, IL, 2004
- B.A., History, Magna Cum Laude
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- DuPage County Bar Association (DCBA)
Honors and Awards:
- Owen F. Blum Award for Outstanding Scholarly Achievement, Quincy University, 2004
- Past Contributor, DCBA Brief (Probate Litigation and Estate Administration Articles)
- Case Law Updates, DCBA Probate and Estate Planning Committee
Past Employment Positions:
- Banahan & Haas, Senior Associate, 2015-Present
- Law Offices of Brian J. Banahan, LLC, Associate Attorney, 2010-2014
- Public Administrator of DuPage County, Staff Attorney, 2010-2014
- Roberts & Caruso, Associate Attorney, 2008-2009, Law Clerk, 2006-2008